community intervention stakeholder identification Applied Sciences homework help
community intervention stakeholder identification
Community Intervention: Topic and Stakeholder Identification
Topic- child hood obesity in maryland (USA)
Write a 3–5-page paper, identifying a public health problem in your community and making a case for why it is important to address the problem from a personal and a community perspective. You will need to support your case with the most recent data and references.
Complete the following:
· Identify a priority issue: Since most of you are in the public health field, identifying a public health problem in your community should not be a problem. If you have a personal connection to the problem, it is fine to include that experience in your paper.
· Almost all public health departments have a CHA you can use to help identify priority issues.
Note: Remember to cite yourself as a source whenever you offer information from personal experiences.
Important: Back up your personal experience with evidence from a peer-reviewed source.
Identify a local public health issue that aligns with a county community health assessment. After you have identified a public health problem, show why it is important in your community, using data you have collected from a public website.
· Describe evidence-based practices related to the public health issue.
· Identify and present two significant community stakeholders, excluding a public health agency, in your community who are also interested in this problem. Note: You can cite their websites, and present information from these sites that demonstrates their interest in the problem.
· Give one hypothetical example of how these stakeholders can collaborate with a public health agency around the issue or problem you identified. You need to suggest one asset each stakeholder can bring to the collaboration.
· Select a stakeholder best equipped to lead a collaboration with public health, based on the stakeholder’s mission.
· Analyze the role of community collaborations in promoting population health.
Review the Community Intervention: Topic and Stakeholder Identification Scoring Guide carefully to fully understand how this assignment will be graded.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
· APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting. (Apa 7th edition)
· Number of references: A minimum of three peer-reviewed resources.
· Length of paper: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages of content plus cover and reference pages and any appendices.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Submit your paper as an attachment to the assignment area.