Critical Thinking Psychology homework help
Why do some people continue to smoke cigarettes despite the well-established link between smoking and lung cancer? Why are adolescents more likely to engage in risky behavior? Why do some people cheat on their partners? At one point or another, you may have wondered why humans behave in certain ways. You may even have some theories of your own based on your own personal experiences, the experiences of others, and the information presented in the media. As you discovered in this week’s Discussion, cognitive biases can make it difficult to accept an alternative theory into your scholarly worldview, particularly one that conflicts with your own ideas. As a psychology major, you must be prepared to set aside your own beliefs and preconceived notions and use critical thinking to objectively evaluate information, which will help to minimize bias.
For this Assignment, you will continue to explore how to use critical thinking to identify cognitive biases and arrive at more critically informed decisions and beliefs. You will also consider how your awareness of cognitive bias and critical thinking will contribute to your personal, professional, and academic success.
· Reflect on what you learned about critical thinking and cognitive biases from completing the Learning Activity and Discussion this week.
· Identify the cognitive bias you chose for this week’s Discussion.
· Identify one critical thinking strategy from the Noba Project article and one strategy from the Paul and Elder Learning Resource that would help you identify the cognitive bias and arrive at a more critically informed decision or belief.
Submit a 1- to 2-page paper that addresses the following:
· Identify the cognitive bias you explored in this week’s Discussion.
· Explain how you could have used at least one critical thinking strategy from the Noba Project article and one strategy from the Paul and Elder Learning Resource to identify the cognitive bias and arrive at a more critically informed decision or belief.
· Provide one specific example of how your awareness of cognitive bias and critical thinking will contribute to success in your personal, professional, or academic life.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Complete your Assignment and save your work.
· Click the Week 2 Assignment 2 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click the Week 2 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved and click Open.
· If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
· Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.