Discussion Prior to completing this discussion read Chapter 7 in the required text, as well as the article Impact of Leader’s Emotional Intelligence and
Prior to completing this discussion read Chapter 7 in the required text, as well as the article
Impact of Leader’s Emotional Intelligence and Transformational Behavior on Perceived Leadership Effectiveness: A Multiple Source View (Links to an external site.)
. In addition review the weekly Instructor Guidance and any supporting information in the announcements.
This discussion includes two parts:
Part One: First, based on your first letter of your LAST name, discuss the assigned theories, frameworks, or models, thoroughly explaining what they conclude as well as how each style could potentially impact an organization, both positively and negatively. Do not use quotes in this posting. Explain the knowledge you have gained in your own words and add citations to support your statements.
· (A-G) ethical leadership theory and spiritual leadership theory
· (H-N) authentic leadership theory and implicit leadership theory
· (O-S) leader–member exchange theory and situational leadership contingency model
· (T-Z) transformational leadership framework and transactional leadership framework
Part Two: Identify which one, of the eight, leadership characteristics, that you think aligns with your own leadership style most accurately. Share examples of self-behaviors that helped you to align yourself with this style.
Part Three: Discuss, using your own voice, the following:
· How does leadership power affect an organization? (sec. 7.4)
· Why is it important to effectively identify leaders within an organization? (Sec. 7.5)
· How does leadership derailment affect an organization? (Sec. 7.5)
· What factors should be considered to have a successful process of organizational communications? (Sections 7.6 and 7.7)
· Summarize the challenges that developing effective communication includes. (sec. 7.8)
Your initial post should be between 300 and 350 words. You must use at least one outside source (a peer-reviewed article, newspaper article, or other reputable source) in addition to your text. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines. List each of your sources at the end of your post according to APA style as shown in the
APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)
resource. Visit the
Writing Center (Links to an external site.)
for additional support.
Guided Peer Responses: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond substantively to at least two of your peers.
· Based on your reading, dialogue with your peers about the similarities and difference between differing leadership styles.
· Share any additional insights that you have discovered about effective leadership and communication within a company.
Instructor Responses: Review any instructor feedback on your postings. Often feedback is shared to help you to elevate your level of critical thought or make corrections. Reply based on this feedback to advance your understanding of the content addressed.