Epidemiology In Community Health Care Click and read the Case Study below and post answers.
Chapter 7 – Case Study
- Click and read the Case Study below and post answers.
- Answers must:
- Be 100 words or more
- Use the stand English grammar and spelling
- References are cited APA style
- minimum 300 words
NUR4636 – Community Health Nursing
Epidemiology in Community Health Care
The community health nurse is reviewing several epidemiologic research studies
with student nurses that are beginning a 6-month community health rotation.
Epidemiology offers community health nurses a specific methodology for assessing
the health of aggregates. The nurse has requested that the student participate in a
semester long epidemiologic research study
1. Why is it important that community health nurses review epidemiologic
2. What are the seven steps that student nurses must consider when
participating with the community health nurse in the epidemiologic research
3. The goals of epidemiologic investigation are to identify the causal
mechanisms of health and illness states and to develop measures for
preventing illness and promoting health. Epidemiologists employ an
investigative process that involves a sequence of three approaches that build
on one another. What are the three investigate approaches?
4. The community health nurse has been requested to figure out the prevalence
rate and the incidence rate of influenza for a 1-month period of time. There
were 1,000 students who reported flu-like symptoms during 1 month in a
population of 5,000 students at the local community college, and during the
same month, 500 individuals developed influenza. What is the prevalence
rate and incidence rate?