HRM-5 After covering Learning and Development, as well as Performance Management and Appraisal in Unit IV, for Unit V we move on to Rights and Employee Ma
HRM-5 After covering Learning and Development, as well as Performance Management and Appraisal in Unit IV, for Unit V we move on to Rights and Employee Management (Chapter 9 pp 302-334) and Employee Labor and Relations (Chapter 10, pp. 342-376)
Thinking about the Unit V PPT – you need an 8 slide presentation, which includes both an introduction slide and a conclusion slide. There are five bullet pointed deliverables for the assignment. That should give you a good idea of how to handle the assignment in terms of content.
Use speaker notes to explain the content (in detail) for each of the slides. The bulk of your presentation should be in the speaker notes not on the slides.
Be sure to use APA formatting and in text citations – remember, a source is not a source if you don’t include an intext citation to show where it was used. Sometimes students include multiple sources but do not include an intext citation for each one of those sources, that loses you points.
When doing the PowerPoint , remember to follow the 6×6 PPT rule, the bulk of your presentation should be in the speaker notes, not on the slides.
Over the past 40 years, union membership has declined, and it continues to do so. Instead, many companies are turning to alternative dispute resolution. We know one of the best union avoidance tactics is good communication and providing job satisfaction for employees.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (with speaker notes) that focuses on unions in the workplace. Address the following concepts in your presentation.
· Identify the factors that have contributed to the reduction in union membership. Be sure to include the rationale you use in your speaker notes.
· Evaluate whether or not the reduction in union membership is a good or bad thing for employees in the United States. Be sure to include the rationale you use in your speaker notes.
· Explain what alternative dispute resolution involves, and identify the pros and cons from the perspective of the employee and the pros and cons from the perspective of the employer. Remember, you want to include the bulk of your explanation in the speaker notes, not on the slide.
· Describe a situation where employees or managers would want to use some form of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration as opposed to direct negotiation or litigation to resolve disputes. Be sure to include the rationale you use in your speaker notes.
· Explain how each of the seven determinants of job satisfaction (individual personality, the work itself, compensation, growth and upward mobility, coworkers, management, and communication) help to create the type of environment where employees experience job satisfaction. Remember, you want to include the bulk of your explanation in the speaker notes, not on the slide.
Be sure to include an introduction and conclusion to your presentation. Include at least two images or graphics in your presentation.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be at least eight slides in length, not counting the title or reference slides. Adhere to APA style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used.