HW Psl 3 Due Date: Please submit a Word or PDF file via D2L by 3:00 PM February 6
Rationale: As scientists, we are trained to make decisions based on evi
Due Date: Please submit a Word or PDF file via D2L by 3:00 PM February 6
Rationale: As scientists, we are trained to make decisions based on evidence. In class, I showed you some data from education research that support the use of retrieval, spaced repetition, and interleaving when studying. I would like you to act like a scientist and respond to this evidence by conducting your own experiment. Try one new study technique.
Instructions: This 8 minute video describes research-supported study techniques including the ones I introduced during class:
. Watch the video. Then, in a reflective essay, describe one aspect of your studying that you will change, adapt, adjust, stop, or begin in the next week. The essay must be at least 4,500 characters (including spaces).
After you have completed the essay, I want you to prove that you have included elements of a reflective essay. Specifically, please indicate which sentences show:
· Your reflection on your study habits.
· The lesson that you learned from the lectures, the Learning Scientists video, and/or your reflection.
· The outside evidence that you used to inform the lesson.
· Your plan for the future.
· Cognition and Learning Lab at Purdue University:
· A free online course that explains evidence-based study techniques:
· 3 Simple Strategies for Learning Anything Better by Barbara Oakley (2014)