Management Information Systems Open Questions – Draft a formal response to the following assessment questions, justifying and arguing your answers.
Open Questions – Draft a formal response to the following assessment questions, justifying and arguing your answers.
1) Consider a small manufacturing company that have a continuous growth in the last four years, therefore they are contemplating to implement their first information system. Which information system do you think would be most appropriate for them? And why do you believe they should implement an information system and not to continue as until now?
2) Let’s suppose two B2B medium services company that are merging and will relocate all operations to a new headquarters in a single location. Each company has an ERP implemented, one of them a CRM system, and the other a KM system. What would be your proposal of information systems map to integrate both companies? Which option you would raise for the data, in term of information systems?
3)You are the CIO of an ongoing company that has three factories in three different countries in Europe with an ERP and a CRM implemented. The Steering Committee has decided to implement an additional information system in the company: a Knowledge Management System. Does the company have to make any changes to the current information systems they already have? Does the company have to make any changes to the current information technologies they have?
4) An ecommerce platform has the following characteristics: annual revenue of 70M€, 250 employees, 12.000 unique references in stock, and 350.000 customers located worldwide. They have contracted the IT consulting company where you are working to select their new CRM system. Their main system is SAP with Microsoft SQL Server as its DBMS (Database Management System), implemented in their own servers. What of the CRM systems available on the market would you propose? What would be an estimate of the investment (TCO) of its implementation? What would be the value generated for the company?
Wordcount: between 2500-3000 words
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Outcome 1: evaluate the impact of different types of information systems common in today’s businesses
• Outcome 2: examine data resources that companies access to build effective infrastructures to manage information systems and digital technologies