MD5 Dis 2 Education homework help
Module 5 Discussion 2:
International Perspectives on Meaningful Learning Experiences for Young Children
With the increase of academic requirements in the primary grades, opportunities for play and creativity have decreased. There is a substantial amount of research supporting the benefits of play, creativity, and movement related to building on individual strengths, meeting children’s needs, and enhancing learning environments in children of all ages.
For this Discussion, you will explore multiple perspectives on play, creativity, the arts, and/or in early childhood learning environments and how these contribute to meaningful learning
Review the Required Resources for this module and consider the role of play, creativity, the arts, and/or movement in early childhood settings. In addition, use the Walden library to locate at least one additional peer-reviewed article that provides an international perspective on how play, creativity, the arts, and/or movement may contribute to meaningful learning experiences for young children.
Assignment Task Part 1
Post a 1 ½ page response to the following:
· What insights have you gained about how to support meaningful learning for young children? Which element(s) do you think most vital and why? (Support with resources)
· Summarize one article that provides an international perspective and note any new insights you may have gained from the article.
· What questions do you have about your role in supporting meaningful learning experiences?
· What area(s) for further study emerge from your learning in this course?
Assignment Task Part 2
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond to two of your colleagues’ postings
in a 125 word response
, respond and post the following ways:
· How you have used the example in the past and the benefits of play, creativity, movement, and the arts for young children’s development and learning?
· How you will use this example in the future, including a rationale for why you would like to incorporate this idea into your own early childhood setting
Discussion 2 Learning Resources