Mythology Assignment Content
The seventh-grade tour group is finishing their final visit to the library, where the librarian will be presenting on a sacred
The seventh-grade tour group is finishing their final visit to the library, where the librarian will be presenting on a sacred place in mythology. She will be letting the students, from outside of the culture, know what they should expect to find if they were to visit this mythical place. As the volunteer, the librarian has tasked you with creating an outline for her to review.
This assignment allows you to demonstrate how effectively you can explain the significance of sacred places in mythology
Create an initial 525- to 700-word outline for your librarian to review.
Include the following in your outline:
- A sacred place in mythology
- An explanation of the mythological origins, history, and functions of the place
- A description of any sacred objects and attributes associated with the deities and mythological origins of this place and the symbolism of these objects as used by contemporary people and cultures (for example, Apollo’s snake and lyre or Buddha’s bodhi tree)
- An explanation of the significance of this place and these objects that addresses the following:
- What importance do these places or things hold in the minds and emotions of the people?
- How do these places or things connect to mythological stories from that culture?
- What is the role of the place and the associated objects in the culture?
- Include a reference page at the end of your outline. Use a citation generator, such as the Reference & Citation Generator in the Center for Writing Excellence, for guidance on formatting your reference list using APA format. Don’t worry about perfection. If you make a mistake, your faculty member can help, so please let your faculty member know if you have any questions.