Patters Of Knowing In Nursing Health Practice Reflect on your practice and select an experience that you had with a patient or family and explore the five
Reflect on your practice and select an experience that you had with a patient or family and explore the five fundamental patterns of knowing : ethical, personal, aesthetic, empirical, emancipatory
Patterns of Knowing in Nursing Practice Paper – Individual (15%): Limit of four pages plus title page and references. No abstract required. Upload the complete paper into Blackboard. Review the directions regarding Safe Assign on Blackboard. Minimum of four (4) references including the textbook, a journal article, the electronic version of the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses (webpage), and Healthy People 2030 (government report).
SEE EXEMPLAR for citation examples.
Reflect on your practice and select an experience that you had with a patient or family and explore the five fundamental patterns of knowing (ethical, personal, aesthetic, empirical, emancipatory) demonstrated with the experience. Try to choose a situation with all five patterns evident. Develop a paper that includes the following:
· Introduction (10% – 1 paragraph) – Briefly introduce the paper. End the paragraph with a purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…)
· Description of the Five Patterns of Knowing (10% – 1 paragraph) – Briefly explain each pattern of knowing in nursing
· Description of the Nursing Experience (10% 1-2 paragraphs) – Describe the experience including who was present, what was happening, who you were engaged with, and what you were thinking, doing, and saying. Include background information as appropriate to add context.
· Applying the Patterns of Knowing to Practice (50% – 5 short paragraphs) – Explain how each pattern was evident in the experience. If any of the patterns were not evident (usually only emancipatory knowing) state that it was not evident and propose what could have happened in the experience for it to be evident.
· Applying the Social Determinants of Health (10% – 1 paragraph) – Identify a Social Determinant of Health domain (from Healthy People 2030) that was evident in the experience and a proposed (brief) solution to it.
· Conclusion (10% – 1 paragraph) – Summarize the paper without introducing new content. Refer to the purpose statement – what was the purpose of the paper? Conclude that it was done.
Do not copy and paste content – plagiarism will result in a zero grade. Paraphrase using your own thoughts and words. Avoid quotations in academic writing – express your own interpretation of content you are learning. Use APA resources and exemplar in BB. Make an appointment with the Writing Center to review your paper before submission to avoid APA deductions.
APA – This paper must be presented in an organized and scholarly fashion following APA 7th edition guidelines.
Up to seven (7) points can be deducted for the following:
1. Clarity – 3 points
2. References – 2 points
3. APA Format/In-Text citations – 2 points