PICOt Question CHF Patients Oncology PICOt Question (CHF on oncology patients)
Heart Failure is a chronic condition that has severe repercussi
PICOt Question (CHF on oncology patients)
Heart Failure is a chronic condition that has severe repercussions on a person’s health and well-being in the form of hospital readmissions. This is because of the condition causing systemic problems such edema, hypoxia, fatigue, amongst other conditions, that lead to consistent hospital admissions and readmissions. The purpose of this proposal is to determine whether certain post-discharge interventions are meaningful to prevent hospital readmission in 30 days. The importance of this information is due to the daily workflow of the inpatient oncology unit. Patients receive chemotherapy that is not only cardio-toxic but also causes multi-system toxicity. The interventions are critical in reducing hospital readmission, so patients are not only able to recover sufficiently for their next therapy, but also to spend time with their families outside of the hospital setting as well.
State your PICOt question here. Use the elements of the PICOt in separate sections below to describe each component.
· Population – Provide the description of the targeted population.
· Intervention – Describe your evidence-based intervention.
· Comparison – What is currently happening?
· Outcomes – List at least two (2) measurable outcomes.
· time – What duration of the study for the project? (e.g., usually 6 months or 3 months)