Response Write a 750-800 word Response to Perceived Discrimination” (Poyrazil & Lopez, 2017)
** I upload the reading file. Response
Write a 750-800 wo
Write a 750-800 word Response to Perceived Discrimination” (Poyrazil & Lopez, 2017)
** I upload the reading file.
Write a 750-800 word Response to one of the following readings from class:
● “Car Talk” (Louie & Qin, 2018)
● “Perceived Discrimination” (Poyrazil & Lopez, 2017)
Your Response should assume an interested academic reader who is unfamiliar with the original reading
but has some interest in the topic. In your Response, provide a general overview of the reading and then
highlight a few points from the reading to discuss in more detail. For example, you may choose to agree
with a point made by the author, disagree with a point, or discuss why a particular point is interesting,
important, or problematic. Be sure to support your ideas with explanations or examples.
At the top of your paper, include a complete APA reference to the reading you are responding to and
use APA documentation style for any quotations from the reading.
English 108 Learning Objectives:
1D. analyze the ways a text’s purposes, audiences, and contexts influence rhetorical options.
1E. respond to a variety of writing contexts calling for purposeful shifts in structure, medium,
design, level of formality, tone, and/or voice.
3D. identify and effectively use variations in genre conventions, including formats and/or design
3E. apply citation conventions systematically in their own work.
4E. evaluate and act on peer and instructor feedback to revise their texts.
4F. reflect on their progress as an academic writer
Planning/Drafting: Due Date 7-8
Peer Review: Due Date 9
Final Due Date: Due Date 11
Your Response will be graded according to the following criteria (exceeds, meets, approaches,
unsatisfactory, not included):
● Response includes an appropriate and accurate summary of the original source. (16 pts.)
● Response identifies interesting points from reading to discuss and possibly agree or disagree
with, demonstrating evidence of critical engagement with the text. (20 pts.)
● Claims are supported with sufficient explanation and/or examples. (20 pts.)
● Response appropriately uses or adapts conventional features of summaries and critiques, such
as reporting verbs, verb tense, evaluative language, APA citation to the source, and proper use
of quotations. (20 pts.)
● Response meets the assignment guidelines including all drafts submitted. (12 pts.)
- English 108 Learning Objectives:
- Assessment Criteria: