SOX Regulations Business & Finance homework help
Review the reading materials for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act from Week 1 and other current activity or trends related to SOX compliance and implementation for publicly traded companies.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Assess three sections of SOX, indicating the sections believed to have the most impact on companies. Provide support for the rationale.
- Assess three sections of SOX, indicating those sections that have the greatest impact on the external auditor. Provide support for the rationale.
- Evaluate three cost/benefit ratios for most companies that are required to comply with SOX. Indicate whether the benefits are equivalent to the cost for minimizing the risk of accounting fraud. Provide support for the analysis.
- Use at least three quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate SWS style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess the internal and external impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) on companies and auditors, including ethical and financial considerations